Alternate use for a 1590b

dlazzarini

It’s fall and it’s that time of year when my pedal building takes a back seat to crab season and salmon season. Our crab pot puller took a dump last weekend and we ended up pulling 13 pots from 200’ of water by hand. Not fun. This is t the first time this puller went down on us. Usually the switch goes bad and we have to pull the whole motor to access it. Poor design so I set out to re-wire the whole thing to get rid of the salt damaged old wire and put a separate switch box on it for easier access. I needed a box to enclose all of this and couldn’t find what I was looking for at ACE and then it hit me. I’ve got a Spatialist build on standby with a nice white undrilled enclosure. Worked out perfect

Attachments

• 348E7A38-6760-4CAA-B99F-746148F7B650.jpeg
    348E7A38-6760-4CAA-B99F-746148F7B650.jpeg
    36 KB · Views: 59
  • 1E842E48-6E73-4385-8597-D54E5848FA5C.jpeg
    1E842E48-6E73-4385-8597-D54E5848FA5C.jpeg
    283.2 KB · Views: 59

HamishR

If you buy the Hammond enclosures from Mouser they also sell gaskets for some models - maybe that might help weather proofing? Otherwise a truckload of silicon couldn't hurt! They also make some with external flanges so you can bolt them to things.

Where are you? Pacific NW?

music6000

If you buy the Hammond enclosures from Mouser they also sell gaskets for some models - maybe that might help weather proofing? Otherwise a truckload of silicon couldn't hurt! They also make some with external flanges so you can bolt them to things.

I bought about 40 of these 125B Enclosures at Half Price $11.00 AU! quite a few years ago.
Not Cheap at full price, then you have to cut the flanges off & File smooth for Pedals but that was all that was available at the time.

Hammond Enclosure125B with Rubber Seal.jpg

dlazzarini

Pacific North West. We go out of Bodega Bay. Trust me I didn’t skimp on the caulking. I could probably safely dunk the whole thing

dlazzarini

I bought about 40 of these 125B Enclosures at Half Price $11.00 AU! quite a few years ago.
Not Cheap at full price, then you have to cut the flanges off & File smooth for Pedals but that was all that was available at the time.

View attachment 7993
That’s more like I was looking for at Ace. That would have been perfect but no time to order it. I needed it ready for tomorrow. It’s thoroughly caulked.

HamishR

That must be a beautiful part of the world - even at this time of year.

Salt water is so corrosive you must be forever fixing electrical stuff.

dlazzarini

That must be a beautiful part of the world - even at this time of year.

Salt water is so corrosive you must be forever fixing electrical stuff.
Yes the salt water is pretty brutal on all it touches. You definitely have to stay up on it and not let things go for too long.

Jovi Bon Kenobi

It really is quite beautiful out on Bodega Bay. I was also out there last year to fish king salmon on a small boat we chartered. The fog was thick but we saw dozens of humpbacks surfacing all around us and we even saw a leatherback turtle. It was awesome. Hitchcock filmed The Birds there. There was a little soup and sandwich place we stopped at after getting off the boat that had these dungeness crab sandos that were bonkers.

dlazzarini

It really is quite beautiful out on Bodega Bay. I was also out there last year to fish king salmon on a small boat we chartered. The fog was thick but we saw dozens of humpbacks surfacing all around us and we even saw a leatherback turtle. It was awesome. Hitchcock filmed The Birds there. There was a little soup and sandwich place we stopped at after getting off the boat that had these dungeness crab sandos that were bonkers.
Yep it’s a great place I hold dear. Dungeness crab is the only food on the planet that I seem incapable of getting tired of. Ill eat it every night for a month until we pull the plug for the year and still want more. The Pacific Ocean and the Mokelumne River are seriously the only thing keeping me in California. It’s a great and beautiful state with tons of resources but I really dislike what it’s become. Not the same state I grew up in.