Amp and Cab in a Box (Sanguine Distortion into Unicab)

Danbieranowski

The other guitarist of my band is a little bit of a luddite, but he wants to be able to record demos into his computer. He doesn't have any plugins and doesn't really understand recording software, so I figured the easiest way to make this happen would be a full amp in a box, so all he has to do is plug it into the interface and go. This actually turned out pretty awesome, and I'm going to make a few more (Superbolt into Unicab, Dr. Boogie into Unicab, Son of Ben into Unicab).

Here's what it looks like inside:
IMG_8118.jpg

Here's what it looks like outside:
DCD89315-FB88-4AE7-BECF-847133B99BFE.jpg

And here's a video of the first playthrough. It takes a little time to find a balance between the volume of the "amp" circuit and the gain of the "cab" circuit, as well as finding a nice blend between the EQ sections of each, but I found a pretty comfortable medium after jamming for a little bit after recording this video.
Anyways, this is just my guitar and the pedal direct in, no additional amps or processing. I turn off the Unicab at :45 so you can hear the non-cab signal, which of course just sounds like square wave distortion. Enjoy!

The other guitarist of my band is a little bit of a luddite, but he wants to be able to record demos into his computer. He doesn't have any plugins and doesn't really understand recording software, so I figured the easiest way to make this happen would be a full amp in a box, so all he has to do is plug it into the interface and go. This actually turned out pretty awesome, and I'm going to make a few more (Superbolt into Unicab, Dr. Boogie into Unicab, Son of Ben into Unicab).

View attachment 6179

View attachment 6180

And here's a video of the first playthrough. It takes a little time to find a balance between the volume of the "amp" circuit and the gain of the "cab" circuit, as well as finding a nice blend between the EQ sections of each, but I found a pretty comfortable medium after jamming for a little bit after recording this video.
Anyways, this is just my guitar and the pedal direct in, no additional amps or processing. I turn off the Unicab at :45 so you can hear the non-cab signal, which of course just sounds like square wave distortion. Enjoy!
Is this a 1590XX enclosure?

View attachment 6179

View attachment 6180

Great build and love the demo! Thank you for the with and without cab sounds. Gives me a clue what it does. Still toying with building the Unicab but at the moment it's further down on the list.

Back