Amp tilt back legs

Alan W

When I was building my amp, I planned on getting a pair of the Fender side legs to allow tilting, but then ran into a picture that showed a pair of slip on legs, and decided to give it a try. These work really well. I have an stl file I made for them, but they need to have the geometry done based on the dimensions from whatever amp they fit into. Assuming your amp has interior vertical strips that are set back from the rear edges, and that you have a ply panel that is attached to them—the dimensions you need are the set back of the vertical strip and how thick the panel is. The legs are 1/2 inch diameter aluminum, with slip on rubber ends. Super easy to print; to machine them would be tricky without a mill, or solid experience doing precision work on a table saw.

Getting your amp's sound away from the floor is a major improvement, especially if you are not playing on a stage.

IMG_1002.jpeg IMG_1001.jpeg taken 2023-05-11 at 10.06.50 AM.jpg taken 2023-05-11 at 10.07.05 AM.jpg

Very cool! I need something for one or two .mine, too.
Not sure if you have the CAD or printing abilities—if you can take accurate measurements (ideally with a caliper (it's nice if it has a snug fit, but if it's oversized you can shim it some with tape) I can create the models for you. The one other (ideal) bit of info is how high up the bottom edge of the ply panel is, so you can get the correct angle on the legs. This may not be that big a deal—my amp is in the 40+ pound range, but leaning back really doesn't seem to put more than a few pounds on the struts.

I do not have any cad past eagle or a printer. I can, however, get some measurements. On my blues jr and maybe my blues deluxe. Been playing the jr a lot because it’s lighter and fits under my end table when my daughter is over,

Last edited:
Ooh, if you end up modeling the junior, can I get those files too?
Sure; happy to post them. It’ll be worth sharing the dimensions you get though—I have no idea how consistent say, Fender, is from year to year on cabinet specs For a given model. It would make total production sense to keep all the same tooling and jigs, but you can find stupid management in most companies.

Depending on the design, I'd prefer it not to be heavy but still designed to be stable. Collar-locks to assemble dissassemble sub-assemblies...

I was literally just at the hardware store today and looking at black PVC tubing. White PVC is too garish and bright for a lot of bands/stages/clients who want the band and or its gear to melt into the background — ex wallpaper gigs — Black PVC is already in the accepted colour-norm for stage equipment, so no need to paint it.

Of course, if it's meant to have purposeful stage-presence, then by all means I'd paint it to look like muscle-fibres, gold-bullion or whatever the theme!

there’s two more measurements you need: the thickness and depth of the vertical strut. That large square notch needs to fit around that strut.

Sure; happy to post them. It’ll be worth sharing the dimensions you get though—I have no idea how consistent say, Fender, is from year to year on cabinet specs For a given model. It would make total production sense to keep all the same tooling and jigs, but you can find stupid management in most companies.
My 1966 Super reverb is a couple inches shorter than my later 70's Master Volume Super Reverb FWIW

Back