An experiment kinda on the breadboard

Mcknib

Bought one of these a while back based on you can put signal through anything that conducts

Put it in a drawer and forgot about it

Then a much more talented user than me Matt posted his build on reddit using this very thing

Anyway couldn't find the damn thing so got another one, the only thing on the breadboard is a 5v regulator to power it and I put a booster in front to bring the signal up

You can only scroll through each effect on the rotary all 100 of them you can't control speed etc

I've not yet checked the dsp out to see if you can add pots to control some of the parameters as with the FV1

There is some noise but may just be the breadboard or it needs some filtering

Anyway for £17 worth a little experiment with reverb, delay, phaser, flanger and some other strange effects

Here's a few phaser type sounds from it

20220616_172904_copy_540x597.jpg

Last edited:
Bookmarked! It's just a booster into the reverb unit? That thing is wild!

Based on the Reddit pictures, it looks like a Buff n'blend type for the wet/dry mix. Curious about the TONE control. LEVEL would be just dumping the signal to ground?

Still, this would make a fun project!

Bookmarked! It's just a booster into the reverb unit? That thing is wild!

Based on the Reddit pictures, it looks like a Buff n'blend type for the wet/dry mix. Curious about the TONE control. LEVEL would be just dumping the signal to ground?

Still, this would make a fun project!
I think the pcb is one of @mjv913 (Matt's) own pcbs

You can check some of the interesting stuff he does on his you tube channel here

Last edited:
Hello! @BuddytheReow
Im Matt of the Reverb+.
Thanks for the shout Mcknib.😊
So splitter/blender is just the ROG splitter/blender with an added pull up/down resistors as it pops like a shotgun.

The Tone control is pretty much just a BMP/LPB1 PCB i designed to fit on the back a 100k pot. Its attatched to the output of the Reverb module, with the LPB1 almost dimed to get the wet signal up to unity.

Edit: This also makes it so only the wet portuon of the signal is affected by the tone. As theres no contols for the parameters of the reverb, i wanted atleast a little bit of control over it. It helps enough, especially useful in the Chorus and Flanger settings.

Then the Level is just another LPB1 on the Blenders output to act as a master Volume.
Overall it works great. Its a little hissy in some modes but nothing too drastic.
In the Twisted Wheel cover on my channel(apologies, i dont really sing often anymore), its the reverb im using on the mic. I think it was a delay+reverb setting. Probably had it a little over saturated listening back but it definately gets the job done on mic and guitar and theres plenty fun effects in there too. Reverse reverb, phasers, flanger, and a ton of combinations.

Attachments

• 20220420_183151.jpg
    20220420_183151.jpg
    689.7 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Back