An idea for a generic Rockett pedal...

HamishR

As you probably have worked out, I'm a big fan of the Rockett pedals, specifically the Caliber 45, Blue Note, Animal, and Majestic. These pedals, especially in the tourbox series, are very, very similar. So I suspect it wouldn't be too difficult to make a generic PCB that you could make into any of these pedals just by varying a few components or adding a link. Would anyone be into that?

Good info, sweet that you posted the layout on the tagboard forum.

I haven’t looked at the majestic schematic yet, but from what I remember couldn’t the other three all be built on the same pcb? (The mammal on here). But I think it would be cool if the build docs listed all the components.

Funny I never realized I built a caliber 45 a few years ago till your post prompted me to look up the schem just now... I had made a blue note and decided to do a couple mods -- 250k gain pot, omit the hot switch, and 47k pair for vref (like the animal). Looks to be the exact same haha.

I'm not sure - I'd have to have another look at them all. I have built a few different versions on the PCB boards. But there is no documentation on building the various forms and I think the switch is superfluous - just my opinion! And you are absolutely right - there is not much difference circuitwise. But they each sound different enough to justify having them all - again, IMO. I just built myself a Majestic (with 1N4148s in place of the Ge diodes) and a 45 in the same box with the second switch as a switch between the two circuits because the Majestic is a little thicker sounding than the 45. I use the 45 as a cleaner, janglier OD to use with neck and middle positions and switch to the Majestic for the bridge pickup and thicker tones.

I would buy a few boards for a generic Rockett OD like this. It would make my builds neater. :)

Count me in! I did a Blue Note on vero, not a bad pedal.

Since we’re on the topic of Rockett pedals. I love my silver archer. Is the Kliche’ OD pretty much the same? I’d love to build one. The Boing reverb is a great one too!

Back