Another Ceriatone??? Yep... with a few twists...

Fingolfen

When I finally finished my first Ceriatone Centura a few weeks ago, I still had a spare unpopulated board lying about. I'd picked it up several months ago along with the one I used for the gold enclosure built along with some other parts for... another project I'm working on. One I hope to feature on the blog in the future, but I digress! My previous Centura build sounds awesome, but now that I had one working, I really wanted to try and build one using the component load-out from the original Centura. So, I set about populating a new board!

Ceriatone Centura - Black - SN02 - 01.jpg

All of the capacitors <1uF are metal film capacitors. There is the one 1uF tanntalum capacitor, and then the normal mix of electrolytic capacitors (all polar this time around). I went ahead and upgraded the TL072 op amps to the "IP" rather than the "CP" version. The ICL7660SCPAZ is from Mouser. The diodes are 1N34A, and and this one even has the original Switchcraft 142AX DC power jack.

Ceriatone Centura - Black - SN02 - 02.jpg

Which brings me to the enclosure. I guess this is sort of the "Goth Klon" variant - black with red knobs. Honestly I think I like it a bit better than the "bling" of the gold version. Because this one uses the original Switchcraft DC jack, I have to use an adaptor to power it. It also works beautifully on battery power as well.

Ceriatone Centura - Black - SN02 - 03.jpg

A little more at the blog: https://steggostudios.blogspot.com/2022/07/another-ceriatone-goth-version.html

Back