Another Duocast (Boardcats) build

caiofilipini

After figuring out I had a weird pinout for my BC549C on my first Duocast build, and learning that the newest revision of the board had the pots placed further apart from each other and would allow me to use the Neve-style knobs I bought for the first build, I decided to build another one.

I copied was inspired by @jcrhee's idea of using a laser-engraved tag, so I took the same approach (and even used the same Etsy vendor, thanks again @jcrhee!), only I decided to go for a silly joke based on the original name and called it Boardcats. :p

I don't use the voltage switch a lot, so I decided to have it installed internally for a cleaner outside look. Used a BC549C and a 2N404A and it sounds killer!
I miscalculated the placement of the footswitches, so I had to improvise a little and now my OCD hates that left footswitch, but otherwise I'm very happy with how this one turned out!

PXL_20210427_123729477~2.jpg

PXL_20210418_045315699.jpg

After figuring out I had a weird pinout for my BC549C on my first Duocast build, and learning that the newest revision of the board had the pots placed further apart from each other and would allow me to use the Neve-style knobs I bought for the first build, I decided to build another one.

I copied was inspired by @jcrhee's idea of using a laser-engraved tag, so I took the same approach (and even used the same Etsy vendor, thanks again @jcrhee!), only I decided to go for a silly joke based on the original name and called it Boardcats. :p

I don't use the voltage switch a lot, so I decided to have it installed internally for a cleaner outside look. Used a BC549C and a 2N404A and it sounds killer!
I miscalculated the placement of the footswitches, so I had to improvise a little and now my OCD hates that left footswitch, but otherwise I'm very happy with how this one turned out!

View attachment 11614

View attachment 11615
That one right here is a beaut! Do you prefer the mammoth pots versus the alpha pots?

Back