Another General Question

djmiyta

Before I ask, I gots to say, I'm fully aware of how open ended , broad and general this question is , but I'm looking for basic generalized answers . For a kinda generalized troubleshooting thing I'd like to put together. From the ultra stupid (i.e "oh OK the center of vol pot goes to the out jack" and "10K? not 100k? I'll check that against the schematic...." etc.
So! MY general question is...
Low output of your newest build. Everything seems and sounds like it works if you could hear it louder than a whisper. I have built alotta pedals and have had 2 that I think would sound great IF I could hear them. Sofar I got
Vol pot possibly bad
wired wrong
bad solder joint
maybe this will sound familiar to someone. When I audio probed I could hear the test signal bleeding through from somewhere when I wasn't probing the circuit
The circuit in question here is the Openhaus (finally got some 2n1306's in )and man am I digging what I am barely hearing I built Sabrotone Lighthaus and it's one of the best OD's Ive used and figured I like the lighthaus then MaMA Haus gonna rock my world and really could if I can figure this out
you could tell me pound sand need more info dude and I know again just some spitballing here if you please thankyou forum

Trace the circuit with an audio probe to see where things are dropping out. It’s difficult to make a general diagnosis for this.

Back