Another J201 Thread

I tried to cancel my ebay china order for the J201 but i'm gonna just chalk that up to a loss. The seller is probably fake as are the chips.

In double checking my BOM for my 5 pedal mega build I actually need a total of 6 J201. Can anyone tell me if this dude here is selling legit chips? If so I will get 10 of these homies:

Thanks, Fig. I was also checking his feedback and this guy seems to be the real deal so I will grab 10 of the J201's. I thought I only needed one but I actually need 6 and it's all for one build, the M800 Overdrive. I have no idea what the numbers on his tester means but I assume it means good stuff?

New rule: Source BOM and parts for a PCB before buying PCB and check with forum to learn about the stuff that is hard to get. I had no idea what sort of J201 Drama was waiting for me. As the rappers say, I got 201 problems and the J is all of 'em.

I am thinking about getting a bunch of those adapter boards and doing some SMD soldering again. Last time I tried it, it was a pain in the ass but that was maybe 10 years ago?

I recently soldered up 5 with the ppcb adapters. My first successful smd attempt which felt good after I trashed a mini heterodyne a few months ago. Last week I needed a few more and ordered some pre soldered 100% out of laziness. Give it a shot. It's a low cost/low risk confidence booster.

I recently soldered up 5 with the ppcb adapters. My first successful smd attempt which felt good after I trashed a mini heterodyne a few months ago. Last week I needed a few more and ordered some pre soldered 100% out of laziness. Give it a shot. It's a low cost/low risk confidence booster.
And way cheaper!

That ebay seller is selling bunk. Sanded off labels, re-printed as j201s. Not anything like the picture.

I'll have to take another look at the batch I have, but IIRC Vp is and Idss are out of spec for a j201.

Guitar pedal parts tends to have J201's in a leaded format, but they're up to about a buck fifty a pop now. Mouser has some from interFET, but you'd end up paying 32.40 for 10. Woof.

Honestly, I just ordered a bunch of J201s in the SMD package recently. They're a hell of a lot more difficult to test, but at least they're reasonably priced.

That ebay seller is selling bunk. Sanded off labels, re-printed as j201s. Not anything like the picture.

I'll have to take another look at the batch I have, but IIRC Vp is and Idss are out of spec for a j201.

Guitar pedal parts tends to have J201's in a leaded format, but they're up to about a buck fifty a pop now. Mouser has some from interFET, but you'd end up paying 32.40 for 10. Woof.

Honestly, I just ordered a bunch of J201s in the SMD package recently. They're a hell of a lot more difficult to test, but at least they're reasonably priced.
I ended up cancelling my first china eBay order, did NOT buy the other USA seller J201 and went the SMD and daughter board route... It's way too high a chance of getting fake j201 so I went SMD based on what u cats told me on here...

Back