Anything Kingsley

I have the schematic for a Harlot V2. A friend of mine traced it so that he could build a clone.
He changed the caps from the original 630V polyester caps and the 1/2W resistors that Simon uses for everything. He also didn't include the power supply for me, but he said its pretty similar to any other NE555 based high voltage supply.

Kingsley Harlot schemtic.jpg

From what I understand, this is pretty much the same as the Page as well, except it doesn't include the Jfet. I believe the Minstrel is also similar but has treble, middle, and bass controls.

Sorry I just saw this, I'm the one that traced it. The high voltage power supply is a typical "nixie" supply using NE555 to switch an IRF740 with a 100uH inductor. The raw HV coming off the power supply is 237V (my plan was to lower it to 200V and run a submini tube). I can't remember the exact part number, but he uses an LDO for the tube filament.

Cool, yep I've done nixie supplies before. That's what I used in my "Bigger Muff" clones.

The Friedman Motor City Drive uses a similar circuit, but if I recall correctly it doesn't have the feedback to control the voltage, it just runs wide open all the time.

Sorry I just saw this, I'm the one that traced it. The high voltage power supply is a typical "nixie" supply using NE555 to switch an IRF740 with a 100uH inductor. The raw HV coming off the power supply is 237V (my plan was to lower it to 200V and run a submini tube). I can't remember the exact part number, but he uses an LDO for the tube filament.
I hope one day I can understand what all that means lol
I also hope its okay that I shared here. I wanted to give back to the community and hopefully spark a new project.

I posted the schematic on the freestompbox forum- someone said they tried to build using this schematic and stated the voltages for R5, c11, c12, and R12 were not correct.
I am not sure how to trace the circuit, so I can't comment. I just wanted to post incase there are issues when trying to build.

Well.... the components the guy said were incorrect (over on FSB) sure as heck look correct to me.
That is good to know. I will post some pictures over there as well (its more difficult on their site).
I mainly posted there because they had a schematic for a Kingsley Page and quite a few people were tracing out some different effects.

Mounting a hot tube up against those components isn't the brightest idea.
I can't speak from a design perspective, but from a player's perspective it hasn't ever had any issues. TGP is full of folks using his pedals and they haven't had any issues that I have read about.

Back