Are You Breadboard Baking Yet?

BuddytheReow

Breadboard Baker
PedalPCB has opened up “The Test Kitchen” which entails breadboarding, circuit designs and analysis, and non-pcb items. This was nearly a month ago. How many of you have started breadboarding, been curious to start, waiting for your protoboards to come in the mail, or merely putting your soldering irons down for a bit to check out all the “groovy” (according to fig) stuff the Test Kitchen has to offer?

If there are any requests for a breadboard tutorial of a certain circuit let us know here.

Last edited:
🥓 Did someone say BACON?! 🤪

Oh, baking... 🥖:dmm:

I believe @peccary said in another thread he was baking... something.

Baking... more like stewing ... it's HOT🌡️& HUMID 💦 here, feeIs like I lose about 20 litres per day sweating/working on our rooftop...
Nothing on the breadboard, they're packed away not to see the light of day for another ... 2-3 months probably.

I'll breadboard vicariously via the ethers through you others.

I've got a new fuzz project on the the breadboard and will do a special edition of the Protoboard Chronicles when it's up and running.

Reactions: fig
Aye I've done a few helping somebody figure out whether his schematics would work etc

Unfortunately I had to take my prototype Stud Tutu off the bb based on a mesa studio 22 preamp but I'd only done the 1st stage after about a year, then your excellent wee test kitchen got me cookin' again

Latest wire storm is the Ruby Tuby

20211117_172530_copy_540x491.jpg

My wiring is so minimal as you can see I had a hairdresser friend ask if they could use it to practice

Last edited:
I did a Si FF for my first one a few months back. I basically copied the Small Bear tutorial. The other evening I started BBing the NPN version of the Gnat board with Music6000's specs because I wanted to try some tweaks to it.

I only got partway through but I'm thinking of starting over. I'm not great at seeing an efficient way to layout the circuit and end up instead with an almost literal version of the schematic 😂😂😂

These are some great projects! I've currently got an analog wah and digital echo, started the FV-1 and Daydream breadboard build, 2 or 3 of Chuck's wonders and my bus wire arrived so I am starting a FF p2p tonight with a couple of those shiny doodads (I hope tonight). I wrapped up the Hydra but I have a dodgy switch [ first time happening -ring a bell ] so I'll yank and shank it.

@JamieJ if you've got the patience I would recommend making jumper wires out of solid core wire in different sizes. Helped me tremendously showing off my breadboard in the various tutorials. You will need patience since you will spend an afternoon trimming wire and making your workbench look like a pile of sprinkles.

I'm totally new to the breadboard thing but do have a few ideas in mind. I'm taking a different tactic to creating a circuit. Basically, create a theme and see if I can make a circuit to match. For instance, some sort of hardcore bomb fuzz called a B-17. Or a distortion pedal called Bacon Pancakes. Really wanna see these exist. :p

Reactions: fig
I'm totally new to the breadboard thing but do have a few ideas in mind. I'm taking a different tactic to creating a circuit. Basically, create a theme and see if I can make a circuit to match. For instance, some sort of hardcore bomb fuzz called a B-17. Or a distortion pedal called Bacon Pancakes. Really wanna see these exist. :p
You take some bacon and you put it in a pancake?
Bacon pancakes, that's what it's gonna be?

Roughing in the plumbing....

8bkCWwe.jpg

WV8WR0h.jpg

Per @Coda , the Fig Face

Back