Back In Stock Updates

I finally got around to organizing my Space Heater PCBs, so those are available now as well. I have 25 in stock and plenty of enclosures to offer enclosures for those as well.

I'd be on it if I wasn't in Europe. I can't believe we have multiple vehicles on Mars but shipping and import taxes are still so expensive here on Earth :)

I'm sure you'll have no trouble selling those out as well!

Aye, soon as I saw the stock numbers instead of "out of stock' on the pages I nabbed 1 each and a Black-Eye box. My condolences on the taxes, worst we get hit with in the US is up to $1 for currency exchange, from our banks. I'm just upset I hit submit to soon on my order to Mouser , takes ages unless spending half again as much to get Tayda in less than 2 weeks ><

See if I can build these w/o the meltdowns this time 🤦‍♂️

WOOT, ok I grabbed one of each. Black Eye and Space Heater, if y'all don't see any build reports from me for more than 2 weeks it means I
1) Burnt my house down
2) Blew up my workbench
3) Gave myself a "permanent" perm......

What's life without a little excitement eh? :p

I'd be on it if I wasn't in Europe. I can't believe we have multiple vehicles on Mars but shipping and import taxes are still so expensive here on Earth :)

I'm sure you'll have no trouble selling those out as well!
Right, the shipping rates generated by the website are based on dimensions of a full pedal, so with a box it would be about the same but if you're just buying a board I should be able to get it to you cheaper. I'll take a look.

Right, the shipping rates generated by the website are based on dimensions of a full pedal, so with a box it would be about the same but if you're just buying a board I should be able to get it to you cheaper. I'll take a look.
I also wanted the enclosure since I can't
Right, the shipping rates generated by the website are based on dimensions of a full pedal, so with a box it would be about the same but if you're justbuying a board I should be able to get it to you cheaper. I'll take a look.
I also wanted the enclosure cause I'm terrible at drilling but I'll sit this one out for the time being as ordering just one product doesn't make sense financially.
Plus there's a chance I'd give myself a perm as well :)

I'm contemplating just buying one or two of the high voltage supply boards for right now since I have a few sets of simple 12Axx boards of my own design kicking around already and Tone Stacks 'R Us, pretty much. What's a reasonable line in the sand on current supply, both HV and filament, please?

That said, the Black Eye looks like something I would enjoy a lot for guitar, but I don't even have a guitar amp at the moment. so... ;)

I'm contemplating just buying one or two of the high voltage supply boards for right now since I have a few sets of simple 12Axx boards of my own design kicking around already and Tone Stacks 'R Us, pretty much. What's a reasonable line in the sand on current supply, both HV and filament, please?

That said, the Black Eye looks like something I would enjoy a lot for guitar, but I don't even have a guitar amp at the moment. so... ;)
So if you're running the tube filaments at 6V (parallel) you need about 300mA, at 12V (series) you need 150mA. If you run it in series you can get away with running it down around 9V, and that will pull around 110mA or so, that's usually what I opt for.

HV you really don't need much, a 12AX7 plate only pulls 1-2mA in typical applications.

I rarely find time to play the guitar anymore, but when I do Black Eye comes out 100% of the time.

So if you're running the tube filaments at 6V (parallel) you need about 300mA, at 12V (series) you need 150mA. If you run it in series you can get away with running it down around 9V, and that will pull around 110mA or so, that's usually what I opt for.

HV you really don't need much, a 12AX7 plate only pulls 1-2mA in typical applications.

I rarely find time to play the guitar anymore, but when I do Black Eye comes out 100% of the time.
Thanks man. I might be wanting to run a 12AU7 or two pretty hot for one bass line driver build I have in mind, but a 12AX7 noise toy is certainly in the mix too. In any case I'm used to over engineering things a bunch, so I always ask things like this...LOL!

Thanks man. I might be wanting to run a 12AU7 or two pretty hot for one bass line driver build I have in mind, but a 12AX7 noise toy is certainly in the mix too. In any case I'm used to over engineering things a bunch, so I always ask things like this...LOL!
12AU7 can pull harder on the plates, looking at the datasheet max plate current is 20mA, filament numbers are the same though.

12AU7 can pull harder on the plates, looking at the datasheet max plate current is 20mA, filament numbers are the same though.
I might want/need in the neighborhood of 15-20mA total on the HV side, max. I have all this stuff modeled in LTspice already and can just tweak the biasing as needed. I reckon I should just model the whole shebang anyway since this type of power supply isn't something I've built DIY things with thus far.

For tubes think I'll stick to ecc81/83's(12at7/ax7 respectively) either have warm tone or that good ol'70's crunchy.

Last edited:
For tubes think I'll stick to ecc81/83's(12at7/ax7 respectively) either have warm tone or that good ol'70's crunchy.
Is your application bass or guitar? I have really different preferences between the two, even more so because all my basses use onboard preamps at all times. Hifi is my jam for bass, 100%. :cool:

I have both, hence both, my fun is building, like making certain styles of guitar that even the custom shop doesn't but you swear is their brand(even use the guts, the disparity of price between Rickenbacker bass/guitars and the electronics is disgusting)or marry these boards to solid state power sections, my next project(s). I also go 100% passive on the pick-ups, I have enough fun remembering to replace the batteries in a remote or my DMM! 🤣

Back to the thread, keep this man in Biz folks!! I want him to have enough cash to research/develop other classic tube amps in a box!:devilish:

Back to the thread, keep this man in Biz folks!! I want him to have enough cash to research/develop other classic tube amps in a box!:devilish:
Lol, I absolutely appreciate it, but a) I'm going to keep doing stuff whether people are buying or not, and b) the bulk of my R&D money comes from selling finished pedals. I'm happy to offer a limited number of PCB designs, but I have no plans to make it my main thing.

Back