Bass Preamp- Effects Layouts Sunndering

Harry Klippton

What do we hate?

OFFBOARD WIRING!!

what did we do??

OFFBOARD WIRING!!

This is a Sunn S200 preamp with a DI out and a switchable buffer with a board from Effects Layouts. I went off grid again with the control layout cuz I wanted to make it look like this Sunn Solarus.

This is another pedal from a batch I started early this year before my daughter was born and I'm really thrilled to see it to completion. I still need to fiddle with the gain trimpot for the DI out, and straighten the knobs. These skirted knobs look awful if they're ever so slightly askew. To make matters worse, the shaft on the mid pot measures at 6.51mm thick and the brass bushing on the knob is 6.1mm so I'm gonna have to modify it a bit.
received_887154595539537.jpeg received_2535232209953789.jpeg received_1207690540002190.jpeg received_4315107848567260.jpeg

Nice, I'm making the paladin from here soon which has the XLR out as well. Did you have any issues with the XLR jack? Seems like I just need to find the correct screws and small enough nuts to fit

Nice, I'm making the paladin from here soon which has the XLR out as well. Did you have any issues with the XLR jack? Seems like I just need to find the correct screws and small enough nuts to fit
No issues with the XLR jack. I used M3x10mm nuts and bolts from Tayda. I'd recommend much longer though, as it was really difficult to thread the nuts on inside the enclosure.

Got to mess with this a little more today. The buffer is really strong. It's easy to make it break up and sounds like some of my favorite Sunn bass tones. I'm pretty happy with it

Back