Beetronics Swarm

It’s three CMOS chips, an opamp, rotary switch and a handful of resistors and caps. I wouldn’t be surprised if they aped the design from Freppo at Parasit Studio.

This sounds like a PLL does it not or am I watching the wrong video?

I think you're probably right, but what's attractive to me is its specificity.

The Data Corrupter looks awesome (and I definitely have my eye on a Heterodyne Receiver sometime soon,) but I feel like that's a Swiss Army knife, while the Swarm seems great for its interesting and specific sound. It's kind of like getting the Chrome Dome Distortion instead of the Muffin Factory.

YMMV

It even does the PLL PacMan sound when you stop playing haha. I guess a simplified PLL then, which is always nice for a player too many buttons and knobs can be paralyzing and difficult to utilize.

At least in these videos, I would have to say that the Swarm pedal seems more musical.
I’m intrigued by the possibilities here.
I like some of the sounds from the Data Corruptor as well but that Swarm was demoed really well.

This circuit has the potential to be the Bit Commander killer. I'd absolutely build if it could fit into a 125b.

Some thoughts:

- Ditch the master volume control
- No need for the 7th knob since each octave already has a volume control
- Option 1: Replace the volume pot with an internal trim pot
- Option 2: Add a little series resistance before each of the 3 volume pots to bring the overall level down

- Rotary has 9 modes
- We're kind of standardized on the 8 position rotary
- One mode would have to go

- Circuit board is very unique, but seems doable

Screenshot from 2020-02-27 12-40-25.png
- 3 x DIP18 IC
- 1 x DIP 8 IC
- 16 Resistors
- 12 Caps
- No SMD parts
- Standard Jacks and 3PDT bypass
- Not sure how available those IC's are