Ben Drive (Mahayana Drive)

uranium_jones

I mean, there's not a lot to say about this build, except that it was the fastest I've put together a circuit to date. I didn't attempt any modifications, although the Tone and Voice controls seem to be fairly minimal in their effect. They're definitely doing things, just not very much. Then again, I only tested this thing out with one guitar for a few minutes. The tone is surprisingly good, given that I was kind of expecting a simple, lightly overdriven sound. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, given how much hype the Zendrive gets.

I think that this assembly convinced me to stick with the switched Neutrik-style 1/4" jacks, although these ones from LoveMySwitches are a pretty tight fit. I'd like to try some real Neutrik jacks, which LMS says are a slightly smaller width. I have had to file these down sometimes just to get the enclosure back plate to fit, but the feel of the cable connection makes it worth it.

Anyway, who am I kidding? This post was mostly an excuse to show that I put Benjamin Franklin on a guitar pedal, and for some reason that strikes me as really funny.

IMG_20210612_003006__01.jpg

IMG_20210612_004637__01.jpg

For some reason that's quite funny to me also.
Great quote too- I'm not sure how that one didn't make it on the bills.

Back