Binaura Stereo FV-1

Robert

Reverse Engineer
Working on an upcoming stereo FV-1 project and am debating between two options....

Cram it all into a 125B and use TRS stereo jacks for In/Out, or put it in a 1590BB and use independent jacks for Left / Right output?

This will be primarily geared towards stereo use, the algorithms are specifically tailored for it, so mono "fallback" isn't really a concern.

As much as I love keeping things compact, I've gone the split cable route before and always been left annoyed. Looking forward to this!

I'll go ahead and say I prefer TRS jacks for stereo pedals. A lot of the stereo pedals I use are already that way so using TRS cables is a lot handier than 2 TS cables to join them. I'm definitely fine with 1590BB though and leaving it up to us which type of jack we want to use.

I take it the BLEND and VOLUME pots will be duals.

I did have one idea for this...
Provide an optional LED drive circuit connected to the R-ch output. This would allow the R-ch output to be re-purposed as a threshold or LFO indicator. Something like:
FV-1 LED driver.png
Obviously, it would require the appropriate FV-1 code.

Is there a waitlist yet? I'm super pumped for this...got some effect ideas of my own that I'd love to put in a pedal.

I take it the BLEND and VOLUME pots will be duals.

I did have one idea for this...
Provide an optional LED drive circuit connected to the R-ch output. This would allow the R-ch output to be re-purposed as a threshold or LFO indicator. Something like:
View attachment 2794
Obviously, it would require the appropriate FV-1 code.

Agreed, I did this on my dev board build, and it is indeed very useful for tempo indication, I also use it a lot when developing code to test what's going on in the algorithm.

Back