Blender (aka Fender Blender)

Kroars

Built a couple of these today. Great circuit, tons of fun. Although I will say it seems to be very picky with transistor gains and diodes. Built one with 2n5088’s in the 500 hfe range and one with 2n5088’s in the 320-350 hfe range. The lower gain transistors sounded wayyyyy better. Also, auditioned a few sets of ge diodes and ended up going with D2V’s (.33 fv) in one and 1n34a’s (.35fv) in the other. They seem to prefer the fv in the mid .30’s rather than the mid .20’s. All in all, super gnarly vintage fuzz with some octave thrown in. The Tone Boost footswitch is a great addition as well, seems to be an overall effect boost as well.

A4113556-A187-48FF-A366-63396320A380.jpeg F7A06607-994A-4C62-B4E4-3D49A448C72B.jpeg

We’re the lower hfe ones less nasal? I can’t even play my blender anymore. It just sounds super nasal and honky.

The lower gain trannies just seemed to tame it a hair and bring more definition. Still has that over the top gnarly vintage fuzz/octave sound.

Where did you get those jacks? Great looking build!
Those jacks are my secret weapon. Ever since I first tried them I’ve never used any others. They’ve got teeth that bite into the inside of the enclosure. No turning when tightening and no need to scrape paint away for proper grounding. They’re just awesome. They do have the third lug, I just snip them off.

Last edited:
Has anyone ever mentioned that you’ve got a very clean build right there?
Seriously though, that looks great! And those jacks are cool— I’ll have to order some
They're game changers, thats for sure! Highly recommend. Also, gives us another reason to go to Stompboxparts, love those guys!

Back