Bloodshot Overdrive

My question to you. How do you know how these components changes affect the circuit. Is it from input from others that built it? I wouldn't know where to begin if I was wanted to tweak a pedal.

With this one, it was Trial & Error, No info available.
Built it Standard to start with, The 100k Linear Volume pot was WAY too sensitive so changed it out for 100k Log for smoother Volume sweep.
If you watch multiple Youtube videos on this pedal, Take note where the Volume Knob settings are.
A good Demo is where they show the pedal Bypassed & then when it is switched On.
It sounded to Thin stock so I went radical with nearly double on the Input Cap but it just sounded Warmer so that stayed.
With the Tone control (Basic Muff Type) it was Shrill at near Max Treble settings so I Doubled that Tone cap.
That then made the Bass side sound thin so I doubled that.
I was in the same place as you but after building basic Circuits & more complex ones from D.I.Y sites & learning to read Schematics & still learning,
I had to confirm with Robert (PedalPCB) about Trim 2 adjustment on this Build.
This Forum has only just fired up & and I'm sure the Boys on here will assist you if you have a Question that needs answering.

Cheers music6000

Last edited:
Back