Blue Breaker and another dead astronaut

MightySmallElectrons

C6594957-25BC-4B6C-A882-297A6CFCF1DD.jpeg F6417633-93FB-4B34-9948-48786C5AD241.jpeg
another epoxy finish. This time I tried embedding holographic glitter and glow-in-the-dark powder into the resin and let the LED charge it. Looks pretty cool but the resin didn’t seem to really harden and it’s been about 5 days.
I should have used the UV LED but I had already installed the blue prior to doing the enclosure.
Got a build after this that takes this idea in a different direction...still experimenting but getting closer to some of my build goals.

Nice work! Super clean builds -- love the theme. You're definitely building a recognizable vibe and identity with your designs.

I just finished a Blue Breaker build. I've built 4 or 5 of them and this is easily the best sounding.

What made this one sound better?
Not sure why, but this one is more "hi-fi" - richer, fuller. I play Pedal Steel, and Steel is really finicky with pedals due to the higher output pickups -- my front neck is 18ohms and the back neck is 21. So far, this is one of the best builds for Steel I've done.

I've built Blues Breakers with different ICs - one with a 4558 if I recall correctly, and that wasn't so great. I've built on vero, my own etched board, and my own design via OSH park, and the one I just finished still stands out as the best of the lot. I suspect the guy who runs this PedalPCB operation knows a thing or two about pedals. ;)

Gotta say, I've finished 5 builds since I recently discovered PedalPCB boards and this forum, and while some may not be my cup of tea, all the builds have sounded really great right out of the gate. (y)

Back