Blues Driver with a Ukrainian Dinosaur - Redux!

Fingolfen

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
The updated Ukrainian dino enclosures finally arrived - so I could make up the Pedals for Ukraine donation... and a spare!

Aion Sapphire - Riabininohadros - New Art - SN02&3 - 01.jpg

As before, these are Galaxie Mod Boss Blues Driver pedals. You'll notice from the PCB above, that this one looks a little bit different. I tried to emphasize the use of blue and yellow components as much as possible, but there are a few Panasonic capacitors thrown in, and even a few... red ones... However, you'll notice the red ones are vastly outnumbered, poorly led, and hold strategically disadvantageous positions... I do want to give a major shout out to Pedalhacker Electronics for donating the capacitor set for the Pedals for Ukraine pedal (I bought two other matching sets). As before, the resistors are all 1/4W 1% tolerance. I went with a TI RC4558 chip this time as I'd just purchased several from Pedalhacker. This one also includes the original through-hole 2SK-184GR transistors as well.

Aion Sapphire - Riabininohadros - New Art - SN02&3 - 02.jpg

Both pedals are wired identically with a star ground on the input and heat shrink over all of the major connections. There isn't room in the enclosure for a battery, so this one is 9V DC only.

Aion Sapphire - Riabininohadros - New Art - SN02&3 - 04.jpg

Which brings me to the enclosure! I had posted a mock up of the art on my Instagram page a few days ago, but now you can see the real thing. As you can see, the dino is a bit more prominent in the middle of the pedal along with a Ukrainian Trident. I decided to go all out and get yellow rather than black knobs for this one. It's a bit bolder than what I normally go, but this is all themed for a good cause!

A bit more (including a gut shot of SN03) at the blog: https://steggostudios.blogspot.com/2022/07/blues-driver-with-ukrainian-dinosaur.html

Back