Boneyard Edition - What Is It?

Idlebeach

Hello! My first thread here is probably going to make me look like a doofus but it's all good. :geek:

What is a "Boneyard Edition" in general? From the context clues I found on here so far I assume someone takes the normal pcb/circuit and does a handful of modifications? So the Boneyard is kind of an easier way to apply the mods?

Sorry if it seems glaringly obvious. I almost added the Delegate PCB to my last order but I got analysis paralysis and couldn't decide which version to get.

Thanks!

Reactions: fig
If you look on the forum list, you'll see one called the Boneyard. Member Chuck D. Bones is an electrical engineer who volunteers his expertise on the forum and that's his space.
A Boneyard edition is when Chuck comes up with fixes for pedals that need a little design help and other mods. If you're interested in a 1:1 clone, order the original. Me, I'll always order the Boneyard edition.

If you look on the forum list, you'll see one called the Boneyard. Member Chuck D. Bones is an electrical engineer who volunteers his expertise on the forum and that's his space.
A Boneyard edition is when Chuck comes up with fixes for pedals that need a little design help and other mods. If you're interested in a 1:1 clone, order the original. Me, I'll always order the Boneyard edition.
Amen!

Reactions: fig
Hey! Thanks a bunch. I would be inclined to go for the Boneyard Edition too then! Before I got on the forum I thought boneyard was like “v1” or something or some previous version. Well that is really cool to know for future orders.

My opinion is to get a couple of clones built first before going down the mod path. Troubleshooting becomes more difficult depending on the mod being done. Plus, there are little to no schematics out there for the modded versions of pedals, but you may get lucky

That's true for most mods, but all the Boneyard edition PCBs have a schematic, the boards built and vetted, and a crackfire team of trouble-shooters here to back it up.

I see no problem whatsoever with getting the Boneyard editions, barring a complete noob to soldering/building.

Back