Breadboard Emulators

fig

Village Idiot
I've seen a few online, but haven't really given them a shot. I've also used Fritzing a bit.

I think it would really prove beneficial in the tutorials, to see it being built clearly.

Also, some have the added features of using the layout to generate a schematic, vero, or crude pcb layout.

These are also a great way to hone your layout planning.

If you have experiences and/or reviews of breadboard emulators, please share, and thank you!

I saw Brian Wampler's video on how to breadboard, and I think the comments mentioned circuits.io as what he was using. But it looks like that's a subscription service now.

With the parts arriving for my Mini Protoboards today, I would like some way to plan something out and maximize my real estate efficiency.

A breadboard emulator? Isn’t a breadboard a circuit emulator? Are we emulating the emulator now?!

Are we in a simulation?

😉

Jokes aside, I simply translate the schematic visually from paper to breadboard, adding space if I know there is a component I’ll need to futz with.

A breadboard emulator? Isn’t a breadboard a circuit emulator? Are we emulating the emulator now?!

Are we in a simulation?

😉

Jokes aside, I simply translate the schematic visually from paper to breadboard, adding space if I know there is a component I’ll need to futz with.
🤣 so true...

My thinking was it would be for the viewer's benefit to follow along. Pics of breadboards are great but are probably not the best visual aid for those learning.

Back