Breakout board compatibility?

BurntFingers

I have some of these:

bf2e75069134097cb74c1b9c027c0122.png

I'd like to use them on some projects but as you can see there designed for the DC jack to be side mounted by the switch. My boards have the 9v at the top of the pedal PCB where the DC jack lives, like pedalpcb designs.

So... How to use both together? Run a wire from 9v jack, to the switch board, then back to the pedal PCB? In to the board at the usual spot up top, then another wire to jump from there to the switch?

I guess I don't have to use them but I'd like to get them used for something.

You run the DC jack wires from the top of the pedal down to the foot of the pedal where the stompswitch will live. Then you can use the extra 9v and GND pas to supply the circuit PCB. The idea is to ensure there is 9v at the daughterboard to power the indictor LED thru the CLR. I use a similar daughterboard a lot and do precisely that.

CompRossor_Guts_02.jpg

Cool. Thanks for the pic, although it took me a while to work out what was going on.

I ended up designing my own breakout board in eagle, similar to pedalpcbs design but with some alterations. However the fabrication place is talking about lockdown so it might be a few months before they arrive.

Thanks again.

Makes 2 of us. I dived in last week and have already redesigned my schematics about 40 times. I'm working on a guvnor pedal with a single tone knob so it's a 3 knobber. I just ordered the prototypes then spotted a few things I'd like to change.

I have no idea what I'm doing.

Back