Bro, Do You Even Strip?

BuddytheReow

Breadboard Baker
Hey everyone,

How many of you guys use stripboard/vero for your builds? I tend to love it since I get the feeling that the pedal is 100% homemade when complete. Don't get me wrong: I LOVE what PedalPCB has done here and make all the builds look clean, polished, and professional looking. Honestly, the more complex the circuit is the more likely I will get a PCB to save enclosure space and save a ton of time on wiring.

Considering my tendency toward stripboard I have yet to purchase a breadboard and experiment. Go figure...

I've used it a lot in the past and often if I think I might do some mods as it's so forgiving to desolder components etc. Once I had a circuit how I liked it I often would then build it on pcb with the values/mods I'd decided on.

A few weeks ago I was going through some storage boxes and found A LOT of old vero builds which never made it into boxes which had some really decent parts on them so have decided to do a run of pedals made with recycled parts from my vero scrapheap. I'll be loading them to the site when I'm finished.

Spoilers in another thread I've posted are the run will contain a red llama and green rhino and probably a rat.

Yeah, I've got a few dozen vero builds sitting in a box as well. They work fine, but not happy enough to box them up for myself. Maybe I should try boxing them up and selling them to break even?

I stumbled onto vero by way of tagboardeffects.blogspot.com. I built my most recent circuit and liked it, but since it was prone to errors and there were a lot of wires, I manually traced that layout (I hate that they don't provide schematics), triple-checked it, and used it to make my first ever PCB. They should arrive either this week or next, so we'll see how I did.

Reactions: mdc
I stumbled onto vero by way of tagboardeffects.blogspot.com. I built my most recent circuit and liked it, but since it was prone to errors and there were a lot of wires, I manually traced that layout (I hate that they don't provide schematics), triple-checked it, and used it to make my first ever PCB. They should arrive either this week or next, so we'll see how I did.
Mark is still active on the site. If you ask whoch schem they used he'll let you know. It will eiyher be in a discussion on their forum or a schematic from freestompboxes.

I used to vero a lot more until I discovered PedalPCB. All the options available have kept me too busy to mess with vero--but I have a few on my backlog that I will get to someday.

I started with vero but after using premade PCBs I haven't gone back. I like the idea of DIYing the board from vero, but the time I save is well worth the cost of a PCB. I've built over a dozen pedals since I found PedalPCB. If I were working with vero still I'd probably be on my third or fourth and they would not look (or probably sound) nearly as good (much of that is because of ideas and tutorials I've taken from this community as well).

I still use vero because I like to try things out - a lot easier on Vero. My favourite pedals tend to be modified one way or another. I keep PCB for trying new circuits as stock first. If I want to mod I'll often design a vero for it then. It's mainly ODs and fuzzes. For more complex circuits I like PCB because there's only so much my little brain can handle.

Did I mention that I'm looking forward to the Pharmacist OD??

Back