Browne Amplification Protein

Travis

Green and Blue Channels are on order as separate PCBs for now, just to make verification easier.

I'm thinking that we'll probably just use four switching jacks to accomplish the Normal / Split modes, rather than fool around with internal switches and TRS splitters.
Will it fit in to a 1590bb?? thanks!!

sean2damax

What size enclosure are we looking at for both channels? Can we slip it in a 1590BB? Probably going to just wire it up as a regular dual effect box with a single set of i/o and two footswitches.

Sasan

Would it be possible to have this split thing with the jacks as the original (or the new Kingtone Duellist)? So either in/out or Y-cables to have each effect on its own?

PedalPCB

Administrator
Staff member
The two PCBs will fit side by side in a 1590BB but the pots closest to the center of the enclosure would be awfully close if you PCB mount them.

The easiest way to achieve the "split" function would be to use four jacks. Use a switching input jack on the second circuit so the two default to series when only using the outer In / Out jacks. (See Page 6 of the Duo-Phase build doc for an example)

Last edited:

music6000

The two PCBs will fit side by side in a 1590BB but the pots closest to the center of the enclosure would be awfully close if you PCB mount them.

The easiest way to achieve the "split" function would be to use four jacks. Use a switching input jack on the second circuit so the two default to series when only using the outer In / Out jacks. (See Page 6 of the Duo-Phase build doc for an example)
You can't fit the 2 PCB's in a 1590BB, there is no space for the Footswitches
This is why I used a 1590Q, 120mm x 120mm & 34mm:
Note : The Graphic's Border is the inside of the Enclosure opening:

Reno315

They will fit in together a 1590bbs enclosure, along with the Duallist and many other medium to small pcbs. I don't have a picture because it wasn't for me.

I used the low profile foot switches and those lumberg klbm3 jacks. I wire the pots off board and use that extra deep space to keep the jacks closer to the back plate.

Personally I like using the 1590xx enclosures, I can usually fit at least 3 pcbs in them. This lets me get away with one or two pedals on a small board.

Next time I do a protein or duallist in a 1590bbs I will post it for others to see.

@PedalPCB , if you ever by chance get the itch to make some smd versions of the medium to larger circuits, I would totally buy them up all day long 😉.

Dan0h

Hmm, should I wait for Danbieranowski to build one and post a video to see how it sounds or just pull the trigger and order now. 1st world problems...

jcrhee

If you want both channels in a 1590BB your best bet is to either use a larger enclosure like music6000 recommends, or just wait for the dual-channel 1590BB PCB. It's coming, but no ETA yet.
Will there be others like maybe the dual-channel lone king and king's hand?