Build hex from source via command line?

AnalogWeapon

Is there a way to build a hex file from spin source via the command line? The SpinAsm IDE is like 1995-level crappy, and the only reason it needs to be used is to do the building. I'd much rather use a normal editor and do the building with a script.

The only experience I have with FV-1 programming is using the SpinCAD Designer app by Digital Larry and then the SpinASM editor to load the converted SpinCAD Designer patches into the EEPROM. To get a hex output, I can export the SpinCAD Designer patch to hex - OR - I have to reach around my butt to scratch my ear by then taking the EEPROM out of the socket on the FV-1 board and read it thru a reader/writer device into my PC.

To go from HEX back to SpinASM, I used an Online Converter (decompiler).

This looks like exactly what I wanted! Unfortunately it isn't working for me. If the developers are reachable or there is some sort of community/forum for the extension, I'd love to find it. Thanks for your help anyway!

The dirty details (in case it makes sense to anyone):

After installing the vscode extension and doing the SpinASM: Create project structure command, I get an error message saying "Command 'SpinASM: Create project structure' resulted in an error (command 'spinasm.createproject' not found)". Looking at the developer logs, it looks like the extension fails to install with:

The module '\\?\c:\Users\nicst\.vscode\extensions\effectspcbs.spinasm-0.0.1\node_modules\@serialport\bindings\build\Release\bindings.node' was compiled against a different Node.js version using NODE_MODULE_VERSION 80. This version of Node.js requires NODE_MODULE_VERSION 101. Please try re-compiling or re-installing the module (for instance, using `npm rebuild` or `npm install`)

So it looks like maybe that extension project was compiled with an old version of node. I tried upgrading the project as suggested, but got the same errors. Not sure if I want to try downgrading node, since I develop with that for work stuff and don't want to mess with my environment too much.

Back