Burnt cathode trace on Kliche

jojoChambana

Hello all. I had this pedal lighting up on the bench when I first assembled it. I didn't install the on/of LED at the right height and opted to remove and place a spacer in so it would fit in the mounting bezel. I've trashed a couple of LEDs at this point trying to get it right and the last time I removed one the square cathode trace popped off and was blown off the workbench. The pinhole appears burnt.
I used the TH Customs Signal tracer to narrow this down and test. The anode side chimes loudly and the cathode leg barely makes a sound. Is there any way to repair this trace? I was really surprised and disappointed that it popped off so easily.

Does anyone have advice on fixing this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• burnt_cathode.png
    burnt_cathode.png
    730.1 KB · Views: 6
You could use a jumper to connect the cathode to S6, but if the solder pad has only lifted off of one side of the board you can probably just get it on the other side

Reactions: fig
If you have unsoldered and resoldered several LEDs from these pads then it is not too disappointing that a pad would lift. I would more say that it is surprising that it was so durable to be honest.

Reactions: fig
As finebyfine has stated , this is how it needs to be connected from the underside trace.
As you have damaged the Top Pad, Use your DMM to see if you have Continuity on the K Back Pad to S6.
If so, you can wrap a piece of Resistor wire around a pin to form a circle like this & place it on top and solder/replace missing pad to Led leg making sure you get penetration to pad on the back :
1621337661661.png
If not, Use jumper wire as pictured below & solder from underside of PCB.
Super glue the Shielded wire to hold in place in a couple of spots.

KlicheLED Cathode Trace.jpg

Last edited:
Back