Caesar Salad Chorus

jeffwhitfield

I know...the pedal itself has nothing to do with salad...but building it most certainly felt like it (which you can read about here). Challenging build due to a few issues with some components and the PCB itself. First, it was potentially counterfeit chips (the MN3102's I had were highly suspicious). Second, it was a bad trimmer that wouldn't allow any biasing of the op-amp. Lastly, it was a bad trace on the PCB that cause a lack of continuity between a cap and resistor. With all that fixed, everything started working like a champ! :)

This is another one in my series of pedals that exude a more classy approach to the design. Because it's called Caesar, I felt it needed a more commanding presence. So, yeah, just put Caesar himself on there! :p

IMG_0672.jpeg
IMG_0673.jpeg
IMG_0671.jpeg

I'm populating this board currently... anyone know what I should look for when adjusting the trim pot? like what voltage do I need to check for at what location?

I'm populating this board currently... anyone know what I should look for when adjusting the trim pot? like what voltage do I need to check for at what location?
Just set the trim/bias by ear. Turn the Depth all the way up and everything else at noon. Adjust the bias to the point where you get the maximum effect with as little distortion as possible. That's it. :D

Just set the trim/bias by ear. Turn the Depth all the way up and everything else at noon. Adjust the bias to the point where you get the maximum effect with as little distortion as possible. That's it. :D
That's how I did it, but just a caution that it's a very narrow range on the trim pot where the effect works. It's easy to miss so don't get discouraged if you don't get any sound or no chorusing effect. I mean really tiny moves can make a difference. When you hit the sweet spot, you'll know.

Back