Callahan Royale (Paragon)

jubal81

Buddy requested I build this for him.
Hammond textured enclosure
Reverse-etched faceplate
Diode options on a 2X4 switch (Mode)
External Presence
Lots of wiring under that PCB (Used the long pin, right-angle pots to boost the PCB up and over the wiring)

IMG-0540.jpg

IMG-0542.jpg

IMG-0541.jpg

That looks killer and nice to have those options on the front. Cool polystyrene caps for the win.

Thanks, guys. Just got home from meeting up with him and it sounds great. My buddy is ecstatic.
I built the single version years ago and was impressed but moved on. This one blew me away.
Forgot to mention I sprung for the Mojo diodes ($30).

It blows having to spend that kind of coin on diodes. If they sound good though... I think I built a Black Horse version years ago and sprung for them as well.

External Presence
Lots of wiring under that PCB (Used the long pin, right-angle pots to boost the PCB up and over the wiring)
Looks awesome. What kind of switch did you use for diode selection (Mode)? I started this build recently and also want to mount the switches externally.

^Very neat "MODE" switches- very neat, indeed.

I just noticed the fancy double-contact jacks you've used here- do you know what this type is called? I'm interested in trying some like that for the main in/outs of my pedal board, and probably a guitar & bass or two.

^Very neat "MODE" switches- very neat, indeed.

I just noticed the fancy double-contact jacks you've used here- do you know what this type is called? I'm interested in trying some like that for the main in/outs of my pedal board, and probably a guitar & bass or two.

They're called Pure Tone jacks and they're the Bently of jacks. Didn't intend to use these here, but boosting up the PCB height meant the enclosed jacks I usually use wouldn't fit. Had to pilfer the Pure Tone jacks from my 'private reserve, special occasion' stash.

Here's the link

Buddy requested I build this for him.
Hammond textured enclosure
Reverse-etched faceplate
External Presence

IMG-0540.jpg

IMG-0542.jpg

IMG-0541.jpg
Wow that’s amazing!!!

Back