Can a 2n2369A transistor replace 2n1306?

djmiyta

I built Sabros absolutely brilliant Lighthaus (stripped down version of the Openhaus) Both pedals require 2 - 2n1306

Recently I decided to tackle the full on Openhaus finding it hard to get 2n1306 I decided to borrow the two I have in my Litehaus. 1st try was no go so troubleshooting began. For any number of reasons I looked at the markings of my "2n1306's" and see them marked 2n2369A. I'm not complaining cause the Litehaus is in my top 10 hands down. But. I am curious how is it possible . The 2n2369A is silicone and 2n1306 is germanium. I guess I'm surprised I didn't "think" these 2 trannies were very similar and briefly looking at their data sheets and not understanding 87% of it they seem quite different yet the pedal sounds really really good. And now I'm really curious as to what 1306's would or will sound like.

Anybody able to shed some of their light and wisdom on this mystery (to me at least)

Sadly I had asked about these 1306s not too long ago and here I find I don't have any hmmmmm a thought maybe since I like em so much I should try and hunt some theses 2369a's down ...........that's not a bad idea Dave.

Back