Cataclysm Delay, Spirit Box and Fuzz Foundry Deluxe Builds

Shaggyvs

Finished a few builds over the last couple of weeks. Used clear water slide decal paper for the designs and clear coated with Rustoleum clear coat rattle can. Gravit Designer is a great free design software for Chromebooks. I am by no means a graphic designer (as you can see by the designs below - they're not that great :LOL:) but the Gravit Design software is super simple to use.

Fuzz Foundry Deluxe (Fuzzz Boxxx) - stanky, dirty, oscillating fuzz. I love how dirty and chaotic you can push this thing. It can also give you a traditional thick, fuzzy sound as well. I really want to make another one of these and build it into one of my guitars. The "Thick" knob is an 8-position rotary switch. When you switch through it's positions, it changes the pitch of the feedback from high to low and sounds amazing. It would be fun to have that right at your finger tips built into your guitar. Not super happy with the wiring as I converted the pedal to a horizontal build. Still works great, but would clean up the wiring a bit if I built it again.

FuzzzBoxxxBuild.jpg

Cataclysm Delay (Machete Confetti) - great delay and I love the ability to adjust the tone of the repeats. I totally forgot to label the knobs when designing the pedal. I felt like and idiot after I put the whole thing together and went to tweak the knobs and realized I didn't add labels. Oh well! After a few uses, I had them memorized :ROFLMAO:

MacheteConfettiBuild.jpg

Spirit Box (Black Hole Bandit) - one of the most interesting reverbs I've ever used. I couldn't love this pedal more. Can be very dark/eerie and pairs really well with the Cataclysm Delay. I did the R4 mod others have mentioned on this forum and it works great. And yes, that is a raccoon trying to steal a black hole. Don't ask why. There is no good explanation.

BlackHoleBanditBuild.jpg

Wow, the graphics on the Fuzz really do pop!
I agree on the Spirit Box. It's a keeper.
Thanks for checking it out. I built a Fuzz Factory clone from Tayda a few months back. I liked it, but not enough to replace the original that I own. The Fuzzz Boxxx will definitely replace my Fuzz Factory though. PedalPCB knocked it out of the park with that thing.

Reactions: fig
Back