Catalinbread Karma Suture

If I’m not mistaken I think it’s just a Percolator clone which they they just made some of... check it out it might be just what you’re looking for...

OK, here goes: Catalinbread makes it sound like the Diode control has the CCW end connected to the top of the volume control, CW end to ground and Ge diodes between wiper and ground. Rotating the pot CCW engages the diodes. Rotating the pot clockwise increases the volume. The Diode pot should be audio taper.
The Density control is most likely a variable bass rolloff at the input. The Aldrin's Body control provides a good example.
I have gathered from the on-line literature that circuit performance is sensitive to four resistor values: the collector loads and bias resistors. Various values show up in the different revisions and clones. Which values are in the Karma Suture is unknown to me.
In theory, one could build a Percolation Station with the Diode control, diodes and Density control off-board. Of course, if PedalPCB decided to make a Karma Suture board, that would be even better.

Back