Charge Pump Daughter Board

reubenreub

Was just thinking this could come in handy as a separate board for some builds. Might be cool to have something that allows you to put a regulator or something on there too to have multiple options for voltages. Or maybe even something like the Deofol and have a 9v/18v toggle at the flick of a switch.

I have one of these designed that mounts on the 3PDT footswitch... I've been supposed to order it for months now but it keeps getting pushed to the back of the list for one reason or another.

I like the regulator idea!

Why am I not surprised you've already got something in the works! Well I'll definitely buy a couple when they're ready.

This is the general idea, but it still needs a little work.

The toggle switch (will likely be changed to a mini slide switch footprint) changes the supply from 9V / 18V. At the bottom of the board you have fixed +9V, -9V, and 18V outputs for any situation where you need a constant voltage regardless of the switch position.

And the usual IN/GND/SW/OUT pinout.
Bypass.jpg

That's pretty clever! I think a mini slide switch would be fine, as you could always wire it up as a toggle if you don't mind the wires. The direct DC outs are a great idea.

A thought: Could a voltage sag control be an additional feature? Really useful with these type of charge pump boards.

Just saw you posted these! I honestly love it. Quick question, what 1p2t slide switch do you recommend to go on this and will fit?

The road rage is great! Just used one and have a couple spare ones, but having something integrated with the footswitch and a spot for a toggle would definitely come in handy too!

Back