Chuck's bass Kliché/Daydream Delay

Mentaltossflycoon

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
I'd never even wanted to try a klon before Monsieur Charldebeauxnes dropped his article on modding the circuit for bass. @Chuck D. Bones you have a winner here. From tasty boost to a surprising amount of gain. I tried a few pairs of diodes but I have the suggested 1n34a in there right now and they're the current favorite. I'll do some more swapping once I get to know it better as it is. Gotta marinate on it but there's a good chance this bumps the chopshop for my light od needs but I really like it with the gain dimed too. We'll see where it lands in the long run.

Tayda champagne metallic and this is the first of my Wonder app graphics efforts. I fed the AI the phrases "woodcut bones centaur" and layered my favorite monstrosity over "woodcut circuit board." I then put it through another color glitch filter. Unfortunately the result isn't exactly what I was aiming for. The gold kind of washed out my bone centaur. I still like it and I learned from it. I especially like that the centaur's ass is a horse skull.

Screenshot_20221127_013558.jpg Screenshot_20221127_013623.jpg

Speaking of winners, here's my new Daydream. I've been using an arachnid with the Daydream on a custom eeprom that is housed in a 1590xx with a leprechaun. I wanted more space and find the leprechaun to be more fun than essential so it made sense to build up a standalone unit.

Such a fun and unique sound, I highly recommend building it. This is another Wonder app graphic. Prompt was "brain anatomy dippin dots." Enclosure is the Ford blue powder coat from love my switches.

Screenshot_20221127_013505.jpg Screenshot_20221127_013520.jpg

Last edited:
One take bs demo. 74 p bass >radial Tonebone w pedals in the loop>bass klon>space heater>daydream into an Ampeg pf500 w barefaced super twin. Lovingly recorded with my Samsung phone because I'm fancy. Not sure what I'm playing but I was thinking more about varying my dynamics and attack than notes.

Begins clean with only the space heater, I click it on gain 0 tone maxed and I gradually turn up the gain. Gain maxed halfway through the clip, I start turning down the tone knob. At the very end I put it at my current favorite settng (gain 11:00 tone rolled off slightly) and turn on the Daydream for fun.

Edit: stupid squeaky chair! I'll try to remember to stand up next time...

Last edited:
One take bs demo. 74 p bass >radial Tonebone w pedals in the loop>bass klon>space heater>daydream into an Ampeg pf500 w barefaced super twin. Lovingly recorded with my Samsung phone because I'm fancy. Not sure what I'm playing but I was thinking more about varying my dynamics and attack than notes.

Begins clean with only the space heater, I click it on gain 0 tone maxed and I gradually turn up the gain. Gain maxed halfway through the clip, I start turning down the tone knob. At the very end I put it at my current favorite settng (gain 11:00 tone rolled off slightly) and turn on the Daydream for fun.

Edit: stupid squeaky chair! I'll try to remember to stand up next time...
Awesome- I dig it!

Back