Circulator: The mods made me go all vertigo

jeffwhitfield

I'm surprised I was able to nail this one on the first try, especially given that I used just about all of Chuck's mods. I initially designed it without the mod (thus the reason for the odd position of the rate LED) but after reading the thread about the mods I figured what the hell, let's build it that way! Glad I did! Sounds great!

Only gripe I can make is that vibrato mode sounds a little weird to me. It's an interesting effect but seems to have a lack of control really. I think the key effect here is indeed the phaser effect, not the vibrato. I bet EQD added that simply cause they could.

Design-wise, I had a lot of fun with this one. I started with the white graphic I found on Vecteesy, which to me has sort of a "twirling out of control" kind of vibe to it. The original EQD pedal had a red and white motif to it so I decided to stick with that. I found a really cool font on Google Fonts that had a few different alternates. The background "CIRCULAR" ones were basically made by making the logo a bit bigger and then replicating them and rotating them. I made them a shade darker than the pedal enclosure red. Once I did that the rest came together pretty quickly. Really pleased with the result.

IMG_0022.jpeg IMG_0024.jpeg IMG_0018.jpeg IMG_0019.jpeg IMG_0020.jpeg IMG_0021.jpeg

Back