Circulator

Jovi Bon Kenobi

A perfect sounding 4 stage OTA phaser! I call it the iota 4 phase machine ?. It fired up from the get go but I was having a problem with the red/green bi-color indicator LED. It was just displaying the LFO in red only, regardless of active or bypass. After much help from the forum and many attempts I remedied this issue by taking out R100 and replacing it with a solder bridge. I believe this issue is resolved with newer boards. Tayda "lawn green" enclosure but I think they must water their lawns with uranium. Smallbear knobs...and did you know they come with little plastic removable covers on the silver tops? Well, they do ?. Relay bypass module for that sweet soft touch.
IMG_20191016_123704.jpg
IMG_20191016_125903.jpg

Last edited:
A perfect sounding 4 stage OTA phaser! I call it the iota 4 phase machine ?. It fired up from the get go but I was having a problem with the red/green bi-color indicator LED. It was just displaying the LFO in red only, regardless of active or bypass. After much help from the forum and many attempts I remedied this issue by taking out R100 and replacing it with a solder bridge. I believe this issue is resolved with newer boards. Tayda "lawn green" enclosure but I think they must water their lawns with uranium. Smallbear knobs...and did you know they come with little plastic removable covers on the silver tops? Well, they do ?. Relay bypass module for that sweet soft touch.
View attachment 1880
View attachment 1882
Like a pro! Build me one! ?

How does the vibrato setting compare to the photon vibe?
This vibrato is more one dimensional compared to the photon vibes thick and spacious photocell action. Not to say this one is bad. I actually like how you can dial in just a simple pitch warble in the vibrato mode, among other sounds. This can also go a lot faster and a lot slower in both modes.

Another beautiful build.
I can see the logic in having the LED throb at the LFO rate whether the effect is engaged or not. My Nobels Stereo Chorus pedal has 2 LEDs: one for the LFO that always throbs at the LFO rate and one that glows steady when the effect is engaged. My Shaky Jimi (Uni-Vibe clone), on the other hand, has an LED that throbs at the LFO rate when the effect in engaged and is dark when bypassed.

When I build my Duo-Phase, I'm putting a 2-color LED on it that throbs with the LFOs. Depending on the LFO mode, I'll get one, two or three colors out of it. Still working out the details.

Back