Classic/First Gen Compressors…

Coda

I had requested something like this before, but not with the new Wishlist format. I would like to request some classic/first gen compressors: Orange Squeezer, Dyna-Comp, Ross Compressor. Somethings that’s pretty straightforward, and simple…

Upvote 5

Bio77

I recently built a couple of Aion's Ross/Dyna compressors for someone. They sounded great. I have another one in the stash for me. It has the Jangle-box mod, too.

Coda

I recently built a couple of Aion's Ross/Dyna compressors for someone. They sounded great. I have another one in the stash for me. It has the Jangle-box mod, too.

What’s the difference with the Janglebox mod?

Harry Klippton

This is timely cuz i was about to go hunting for Ross and Dyna comp stuff today

Big Monk

Don’t sleep on the Boss CS-2. I picked mine up for a touch more than $100 and it’s pretty awesome. Kind of a cross between the Ross/Dyna and the optical types.

Bio77

What’s the difference with the Janglebox mod?
Janglebox was a modified Dyna Comp circuit built into a Rickenbacker. It has more treble, which I like, the trade off is more hiss.

The CS-2 can be built with this board too (CS-2 is DC with an added attack mod). The requested ones I built were strait Dyna Comp clones with the added tone switch, which makes the JB available. I left off the attack knob.

Reactions: fig

Coda

Janglebox was a modified Dyna Comp circuit built into a Rickenbacker. It has more treble, which I like, the trade off is more hiss.

The CS-2 can be built with this board too (CS-2 is DC with an added attack mod). The requested ones I built were strait Dyna Comp clones with the added tone switch, which makes the JB available. I left off the attack knob.

So the Janglebox in the middle setting is a Dyna-Comp?