Combining circuits

PKRPedals

Has anyone here combined circuits with other brands? How did it work out? Did they play well together? I've got some Guitarpcb circuits, mainly boost, that I was thinking about combining with a couple of the Pedalpcb circuits. Thoughts?

Having done a number of mixed brand combo PCB builds, I've found no issues with which to be concerned. The standards for connectivity remain rather constant. The only advise I can think to offer is to pay close attention to the I\O connections and the polarities of both DC and signal path connections. All the best!

Yeah, I mix and match all the time (usually with a tagboard circuit thrown in for good measure). Never any issues.

I've done a bunch of combo pedals using various boards.

Muroidea/ Dream Fuzz
IMG_20190917_150409_40.jpg

Dynasty/ Kinetic Fuzz
dynastykinetic2_40.jpg

Blue Waffle/ Sour Grape
bluewafflegrape2_40.jpg
Hyped Fuzz/ Promethium
IMG_20190906_140956_33.jpg

Expandora/ Op-amp Muff
18739199_1757110824316077_8614665730422852633_o.jpg

Deucetone Rat using two BYOC boards
15774932_1573309279362900_5154772125785404682_o.jpg

Theremin Fuzz, Sidescroller, Sonic Reducer
17966833_1706124959414664_8340621840595291629_o.jpg

Propolis Fuzz w/ LPB-1 tacked on to the output
IMG_20191014_122533_41.jpg

Propolis Fuzz w/ LPB-1 tacked on to the output
Visiting super a old thread here so I was considering asking in a PM but thought others might be curious as well:

Tacking that LPB-1 on to the output here is exactly the type of thing I need to do for a certain project, but I'm unable to see exactly how you did it due to the electrical tape obscuring it in your photo. I'm sure it's a simple process, but would you mind explaining how you did it?

Visiting super a old thread here so I was considering asking in a PM but thought others might be curious as well:

Tacking that LPB-1 on to the output here is exactly the type of thing I need to do for a certain project, but I'm unable to see exactly how you did it due to the electrical tape obscuring it in your photo. I'm sure it's a simple process, but would you mind explaining how you did it?

Instead of having the output from the primary circuit going directly to the return on the bypass switch, have it go to the input of the boost (or other circuit). The output of the boost then goes to the return lug on the bypass switch

Instead of having the output from the primary circuit going directly to the return on the bypass switch, have it go to the input of the boost (or other circuit). The output of the boost then goes to the return lug on the bypass switch
Many thanks! It's moments like this that make me feel like a noob all over again though

Has anyone here combined circuits with other brands? How did it work out? Did they play well together? I've got some Guitarpcb circuits, mainly boost, that I was thinking about combining with a couple of the Pedalpcb circuits. Thoughts?
It’s more of a question of the specific circuits in question rather than brand, for instance sometimes a signal chain where multiple pedals have charge pumps might result in some unwanted noise, I/O buffers that don’t play well with each other, impedance mismatch, there are some pedals that just don’t seem to get along for whatever reason even down to personal taste rather than a technical one. It never hurts to try but I would highly recommend testing it out before you commit to putting the build in an enclosure. Me personally I change things up too much it doesn’t really save that much space and I don’t find myself running out of power supply taps needed for any given signal chain.

Back