Component Wishlist

CanadianDave

I am sick of J201 pin outs, but I know that a build will come along that requires them. I’m also not sure that I would want to tackle SMD.

Long story short, when I was building the benson preamp, i actively looked for SMD j201’s all ready soldered to a pin out adaptor.

Dali

Or stuff like the famous (from my point of view) 2N6027 that when getting from eBay, is useless.

Kenobi has the shortest answer: "all of the hard to source parts".

Anything not available on Tayda. :)

I am sick of J201 pin outs, but I know that a build will come along that requires them. I’m also not sure that I would want to tackle SMD.

Long story short, when I was building the benson preamp, i actively looked for SMD j201’s all ready soldered to a pin out adaptor.
Maybe presoldered SMDs (à la FV-1) to boards as a service? In the long run, though, SMD JFETs are going to be the only option.

Barry

Maybe presoldered SMDs (à la FV-1) to boards as a service? In the long run, though, SMD JFETs are going to be the only option.
I bought some of the adaptor boards and tried soldering one up, it went well other than not having my magnifier on and soldering it to the wrong side, which is no biggie I'll just install it backwards

mywmyw

ditto on the "hard to source" parts. i know thats shitty and vague but its the truth. im sure you dont want to get too deep into the parts game, so i understand focusing on the low hanging fruit. as mentioned above i think it would be really cool to sell ribbon cable and molex systems that would work with your breakout boards, offboard connections, etc. anything that streamlines builds.

zgrav

It would be good to stock any SMD transistor used on the boards that replaces an out-of-production through hole transistor.