Compulator

Gordo

The Compulator has been on my bucket list for ages so I finally did it with the excellent Constrictor board. Two things moved me to build this in a 1590B enclosure:
  1. I had a 1590B
  2. I didn't have a 125B
I rounded up the right vactrol on the 'Bay and this one went together without a hitch. I'm bonkers for the relay bypass so that went in with a bit of hot glue to lay it on it's butt. The only issues were the decal was a bit too tall (the border sides don't jive with the sides) and I didn't bother to paint the enclosure. This one is a keeper so I'm not worried about either issue. Sound-wise this thing is REALLY quiet and has a bit more squish than the DOD or the Madbean 4:1. Like the Madbean I find that I don't need to dime either of the controls to get it set up. Might be nice to have a blend control but not convinced enough to try it. The word "transparent" is WAY over used these days but would be appropriate here.

Attachments

• Dem01.jpg
    Dem01.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 126
  • Dem02.jpg
    Dem02.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 127
The Compulator has been on my bucket list for ages so I finally did it with the excellent Constrictor board. Two things moved me to build this in a 1590B enclosure:
  1. I had a 1590B
  2. I didn't have a 125B
I rounded up the right vactrol on the 'Bay and this one went together without a hitch. I'm bonkers for the relay bypass so that went in with a bit of hot glue to lay it on it's butt. The only issues were the decal was a bit too tall (the border sides don't jive with the sides) and I didn't bother to paint the enclosure. This one is a keeper so I'm not worried about either issue. Sound-wise this thing is REALLY quiet and has a bit more squish than the DOD or the Madbean 4:1. Like the Madbean I find that I don't need to dime either of the controls to get it set up. Might be nice to have a blend control but not convinced enough to try it. The word "transparent" is WAY over used these days but would be appropriate here.

Did you purchase your Vactrol off of Ebay via a source from China? I need one. Thanks!

Did you purchase your Vactrol off of Ebay via a source from China? I need one. Thanks!
I bought it from a US based seller on Ebay. Sellers name is apexjr and looks like he has stock. $12.95 for a pair of them.

muito bom! Tenho planos de construir um desses e colocar dentro do compartimento do wah wah com uma chave on-off

complement: the wah wah cabinet would host 2 effects, the wah powered by footswitch and the compressor by a toggle switch.

The plan is to take up less space on the pedalboard. These effects are usually positioned very close to each other.

Back