Conquerer Fuzz picky about incoming signal.

zgrav

I built the Conquerer Fuzz and it works great with the guitar plugged into it and the output level can be set to match the bypassed input level. It also works great when it is placed in the effects chain and the input (output from the preceding pedal) and output from the CF are adjusted, but depending on the effect pedal in front of it, there is a varying amount of volume drop depending where the output signal from the Conquerer Fuzz will be lower than the level of the bypassed signal. The amount of volume drop also varies based on whatever effect is engaged right before the CF. I gather the impedence of the incoming signal is driving the change, but I have not seen this happen on other pedals. I have a big muff and clone that certainly like to be at the front of the chain, but I don't notice the changes in the signal levels if I put them in other spots.

This pedal reminds me of the BMP in that regard, but there is so much more compression on the BMP that I don't think the volume change is quite as noticeable. Biggest differece for the CF input level has been with a modified Jack Orman mosfet booster (or maybe it is the Orman mini-booster).

The CF is still really nice, with lots of interesting settings. It is to my ears more of an amp modeling pedal than an overdrive or a fuzz, which is why it seems a bit odd that it wants to go early in the line-up for the effect boxes.

Back