Converting hex to bin, can someone explain this step by step?

JUSS10

So I feel dumb asking as no one else seems to have an issue but I'm not super fluent in Command Prompt on windows.

So I've been to the wiki and also the doc thats posted on the FV-1 dev board page. I downloaded the zip file for the asProgrammer and see the srec_cat.exe file. I click on that and the command prompt window opens. I then copied the line:

srec_cat.exe <filename.hex> -Intel -o <filename.bin> -binary (changing the filename to that of my hex file)

then it says: srec_cat: standard input: 1: warning: ignoring garbage lines

so what am I doing wrong?

Don't click on srec_cat.exe, that's launching srec_cat, not opening a command prompt.

If you're using Windows 11 you can right click on the folder containing srec_cat and click "Open in Terminal" ... That will open a command prompt in the proper folder.

Otherwise you'll need to hit the Windows key and type "command", then use the "cd" command to change to the proper folder containing the files.

It'll also make things easier if you copy the hex file into the same folder as srec_cat.exe so you don't have to fool with a bunch of path names in the command prompt.

If the files you are reading and writing are in the same folder as the command file, just remove the < and >. If they are in another folder, prefix the file names with the appropriate path(s) .

I'm not certain of the question...an EEPROM with the Unison program is available in the store. Are you wanting to buy the file? If so, you might need to talk with @Robert.

I am not need a IC, only the hex files. I am ready to buy most of effects from store but in HEX files. I wrote to support but didn't receive the answer.
So I would to buy hex files from users for price of IC's.

Reactions: fig
I am not need a IC, only the hex files. I am ready to buy most of effects from store but in HEX files. I wrote to support but didn't receive the answer.
look in my other post. I asked a similar question. As of right now, Robert is not selling the BIN files to flash on to the EEPROM chips.

There are quite a few free files out there that you can run on the PCBs like the dev board or arachnid board. Thats what I'm doing for now while I work on making my own patches.

Reactions: fig
When I started programming there were no PC's, and we used paper cards for input. A 10MB hard drive was the size of a washing machine and cost $250,000

You guys got it easy!!!!

Kind of late to reply here, sorry, but in case you're still in need and haven't seen them...

It's a repository of FV-1 programs that have been submitted or were floating around various forums. Lots of good stuff there.

Kind of late to reply here, sorry, but in case you're still in need and haven't seen them...

It's a repository of FV-1 programs that have been submitted or were floating around various forums. Lots of good stuff there.
of course it well-known site with public FV-1 programs....

Back