Countersink drill bit recommendation

benny_profane

Looking for a simple, reliable countersink bit for use with pedals. I'd like to get just one that covers as many applications as possible. Show me what you got.

Looking for a simple, reliable countersink bit for use with pedals. I'd like to get just one that covers as many applications as possible. Show me what you got.
Can’t specify a brand unfortunately, but my preferred countersink type is the type that’s commonly known as a single-hole countersink or a zero-flute countersink. Since it has a single hole in a tapered pin-like bit as a cutting surface, you don’t get the messy uneven chattering that you often get with a fluted multi-cutter countersink bit.
You just gotta go slow with them because they can only remove small amounts of material per rotation. You need to set your drill speed slow (which you should do for drilling larger holes in metal anyway) and gradually feed, instead of cranking down hard. Each hole will take a few seconds longer to countersink than it normally would, but the surface finish is so greatly improved and you won’t have to do any sort of manual deburring

This may be the type that was referenced above. Especially in a soft metal like aluminum, these cut exceptionally clean. For effects box sized holes, a hand reamer is really useful—again, the cast aluminum boxes are made from is very soft, so a full twist may be more than you need.

Attachments

• AD4F0978-BE69-41A1-8DB8-8D1B9F99FF59.jpeg
    AD4F0978-BE69-41A1-8DB8-8D1B9F99FF59.jpeg
    315.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 13A1BF0B-A0B7-44B2-8ADB-C8AF3BFFDEFF.jpeg
    13A1BF0B-A0B7-44B2-8ADB-C8AF3BFFDEFF.jpeg
    126.5 KB · Views: 8
Back