Cowpoker

Mentaltossflycoon

A long time ago I asked @fig for some stickers and predictably he blessed me with the three @cooder and @Chuck D. Bones collab boards. Thanks for like the tenth time, Tim! I populated all three immediately but only the flanger fired up right away. The mountain oyster ended up being a bum relay so it was stuck in the on position but the cowpoker was more mysterious.

No signal, reflowed, checked voltages everything looked fine. Plug it in to my tester, glorious distortion but then it died after a few minutes of playing. To keep it short, after much frustration I gave it to a pal who's savvy with amps/circuitry/ lutherie. It fired up with no issues for him I told him he could keep it. I later figured out that my testing rig was broken. So he's had it on his pedal board ever since. This is his housing. Got a little bit of an alternate universe @DGWVI thing going on. No judging since I didn't tell him I was postng this. He just let me borrow it to give it a proper play.

I also didn't tell him I gave it a little ai nonsense inside. That'll be fun when he opens it up again someday.
Screenshot_20230605_182351.jpg Screenshot_20230605_182322.jpg

Edit: it truly sounds great but it definitely belongs in his hands. He's much more of a guitar player than I. It deserves to go into more than just my little blues deluxe.

Back