Dark Esbat Boost

Cybercow sent over a cheat sheet of slew rates on common IC's and the closest one on the list was a 4559. I know Brian over at Madbean is a big fan of using these IC's in a lot of his own stuff. That's what I ended up using and the pedal sounds really nice. I'm anxious to get it on the live rig to see how it sounds.

I'm late to the game again...

Nice work, John. Which MID switch settings do you prefer?

I agree that TL072 or any of your favorite dual opamps will do the job. None of the opamps will saturate unless you dime OUTPUT and one (or both) of the tone controls.

All of the voicing is in 2nd stage and the tone stack.

I'm late to the game again...

Nice work, John. Which MID switch settings do you prefer?

I agree that TL072 or any of your favorite dual opamps will do the job. None of the opamps will saturate unless you dime OUTPUT and one (or both) of the tone controls.

All of the voicing is in 2nd stage and the tone stack.
Thanks Dave!¡

Man it’s been so long I don’t remember…

I’ll have to find it…

I’ve been playing bass lately so I haven’t been using many pedals…

I just breadboarded this biatch.

It's a straight-ahead slightly dirty boost, with a fair amount of extra parts. Details to come in The Boneyard.

For anyone who didn't already know, this is not an amp-in-a-box like The Wizard or Sabbra Cadabra. If you want to sound like Tony Iommi, you need to use this baby to push a Laney 100 amp 'cause that's how he does it (according to the Black Country Customs website).

Last edited:
Back