Dark Rift Delay - How to increase delay time?

neiltheseal

Hi all.

I've been thinking about the dark rift dely and I would like to increase the delay time. Does anybody know how I would do this?

Build docs and schematic here

I assume this can be done as the Echo nightmare is also a p2399 delay and has a much longer delay. Chuck D Bones posted mods for the Sea Horse Delay in this post here.

It seems that pin 6 from pt399 relates to the delay length, but I'm not smart enough to know what to do. If anyone can help, that would be fantastic.

What I meant to say above is that the Sea Horse mods allow for an increased delay time. So It must be around pin 6 of the pt2399.

I’ve experimented with this in a breadboard and you’re right. Pin 6 is where the fun happens. The problem is that when you increase the delay time (it’s just a component sub) the delays get more distorted and not in a good way. The pt2399 has its limits and the stock build is the best bang for your buck. The alternative is going digital delay

Hi all.

I've been thinking about the dark rift dely and I would like to increase the delay time. Does anybody know how I would do this?

Build docs and schematic here

I assume this can be done as the Echo nightmare is also a p2399 delay and has a much longer delay. Chuck D Bones posted mods for the Sea Horse Delay in this post here.

It seems that pin 6 from pt399 relates to the delay length, but I'm not smart enough to know what to do. If anyone can help, that would be fantastic.
Replace the time pot with a A100k and put a 220k resistor between lug 1 and 2 of the time pot.
That will give you about 850-900ms instead of 600ms. It may get quite noisy with longer delay times though.
Or if you love noise, forget about the 220k resistor, just use the A100k pot and embrace the lofi echoes!

Replace the time pot with a A100k and put a 220k resistor between lug 1 and 2 of the time pot.
That will give you about 850-900ms instead of 600ms. It may get quite noisy with longer delay times though.
Or if you love noise, forget about the 220k resistor, just use the A100k pot and embrace the lofi echoes!
Thanks for this. I’ll try this out and see how it goes

Back