Delagate Boneyard Edition

JetFixxxer

Finished a week or two ago. The build went smoothly except for the graphics. Screwed up the water slide and the graphics didn't come out as it did on a white background. Plus I also have dust particles on the clear coat, but It's mine and lives in my man cave and I don't care ;) It was my first time using Affinity as well. The graphics it suppose to be a spine with a compression break.

sdEsXnW.jpg

How does it sound ?

I finished mine last weekend and the volume increase is very high. I can barely use the level knob to 30% of it's full range... I also get a lag before first note and compression to kick in... like the pedal need some input before starting to compress the sound.

I do get the lag, but not the increase of the volume.
I do think Chuck mentioned to get rid of the lag and make the cuircuit 'track' the guitar signal the solution would be to wire the input of circuit always on to input jack/incoming guitar signal. Which would make it not really true bypass but with a 2M2 resistor at input to ground the downloading of signal should be negligible. If you do try that let us know how it goes, I would be interested to hear. Thanks.

That's right. The compressor needs to know the guitar signal level before it can compress. The other thing that can mess up compression is a slow or weak LDR/opto. Also be aware that there is a fair amount of interaction between ATTACK, RELEASE, RATIO and SUSTAIN. It's the nature of the beast; you have to find the right combination of settings because not all combinations will sound good.

Back