• International Mail Service Disruptions
    A large number of international shipments have been disrupted by the COVID-19 pandemic. International shipments may experience longer than normal delivery times.
    Read more…

DELAY (Cataclysm)

SYLV9ST9R

Wanted to get one last build done in my last days of vacation at home, and finished it last night.
This one is a gift for a friend, and he chose the design of the pedal.
He went for a simple no-nonsense sign for the graphic (I had proposed some more wild choices), and I wasn't sure about the Marshall knobs at first, but with the golden footswitch nut, I think it looks pretty good. Hope he enjoys!
On the downside, I got some cracking on my decal, but it's buried under more clear coat, so it still looks ok. I also burned the corner of a couple of box film caps, and wired the LED backwards (the wick was a big help there), but I guess that's part of the learning process... ;)

IMG_5423.jpgIMG_5416.jpg

Last edited:

Mcknib

Nice looking build I've used the Marshall knobs I like them they look good

Yer pal will be pleased with that beast

SYLV9ST9R

Beautiful work. The wiring I use internally isn’t rigid enough to make it look this tidy. Where do you get yours?
Thanks!
I use awg 24 wires from Tayda. Solid between the pcb and switch, and stranded for the rest.
The stranded takes a nice curve. For the longer wire from switch to jack, I leave it long at first, easier to connect with the test box, and I cut to length (while also leaving 1 or 2 extra cm), and then just gently pull at the bottom to nicely place it on the sides.

Danbieranowski

Thanks!
I use awg 24 wires from Tayda. Solid between the pcb and switch, and stranded for the rest.
The stranded takes a nice curve. For the longer wire from switch to jack, I leave it long at first, easier to connect with the test box, and I cut to length (while also leaving 1 or 2 extra cm), and then just gently pull at the bottom to nicely place it on the sides.
Thank you!