SOLVED Delegate Compressor, hole for pin 1 of TC1044 filled in

SlipEToad

First build but I'm guessing this is not supposed to be like this. Can this just be drilled or punched out safely or will I have to work around this some other way? The board was already mostly populated before I noticed so I'd rather not have to start over completely.

20210304_163436[1].jpg

that looks like solder. use your soldering iron to turn the solder liquid and put a wooden tooth pick in the hole and let everything cool off. remove the toothpick and you should have the hole empty for your socket/IC

that looks like solder. use your soldering iron to turn the solder liquid and put a wooden tooth pick in the hole and let everything cool off. remove the toothpick and you should have the hole empty for your socket/IC
Yup thanks for the response, that's what I thought at first but I wasn't able to clear the hole the first time I tried it so I thought I'd check here before I screwed something up. Tried again with a little more brain power and got it cleaned out. Not sure how I managed to fill the hole to begin with as most of my soldering had been pretty clean so far, but I guess I got a little twitchy at some point and dragged some into the hole or something without noticing.

Back