Delegate (Warden) Upgrades

Chuck D. Bones

Circuit Wizard
Good question. I don't know. I just checked my pix and they are 22nF in my build. 220nF may work fine, but they seem to be overkill.
OK, here's what happened. In breadboard testing the Boneyard Edition, I found that increasing C6 & C8 was beneficial so I told Mr. PedalPCB that 220nF was the preferred value. That's why the Build Docs say 220nF. That conversation took place 17 months ago and had slipped from my memory banks. Increasing those caps speeds up the peak detector and allows the user to set a faster attack response, if that's what you want. You can still dial back the attack speed with the ATTACK knob.

In summary, the Build Docs are correct. 22nF will work; 220nF will work better. I should update my Delegate.

jmwreck

In summary, the Build Docs are correct. 22nF will work; 220nF will work better. I should update my Delegate.
Ok, thanks for the info, I'm building it soon.. Not to derail the thread, but how does the Delegate/Boneyard edition differ to Keeley (bass/guitar) Comp if you've tried one?

Chuck D. Bones

Circuit Wizard
The Keeley is a feed-forward, VCA-based design. It will be faster and more precise than the Delegate or any other optical compressor.